I want to thank my friends Danmin Fu and Guoliang Gu for developing this app. If you see any issues, please contact me.
Download this app to your phone or Pad
If you think this app is useful, please support us for further development of apps for artists. We can work together to make the world more beautiful. Thank you.
Painter's Guide 2.0
If you paint from a photo, this app can genuinely help you to paint.
You don't have to download this app to use it. You can use it right on this page. However, if you want to download this app on you devices, click the buttons on the right.
Here is what you do:
1. Click "Load Image" button to load your reference photo. Click on anywhere on your ref photo, the app shows the hue, chroma, value, and temperature of the color at that point.
2. Click "<>" or "><" button to enlarge or shrink the image window size.
3. Click "Filter", you can make image black-n-white (with "Gray scale"), or simplify image (with "Oilify").
4. Use the mouse to click any point on your photo, The information about the color at the point will show. You can accurately mix that color by using all the color info you get.
5. If you want to compare two colors, you pick the first color and click "save" button, the picked color will display lower, then you pick the second color. Information of both colors will show.
6. You can zoom in/out and rotate the image by click the corresponding buttons above the image.
New features with the version 2.0
1. You can show or hide your color picking spot by click the "Locator On/Off" button. This feature is added specifically for iPad/iPhone users, because we use our finger as a mouse and there are no curser mark on the screen.
2. Now you can change the size of the color data display (color wheel, value, and temperature) by clicking the "3 lines" on the upper left corner. The old version had a fixed size of the data display. It limited the window for your image display.
3. Now, the image display window is independent to the aspect ratio of the inputted image. If you have a very long and narrow ref photo, you will love this new feature.